Loading...
| | |

LUXOR

LUXOR TEMPLE - FEBRUARY 2010


"FROM KARNAK TO LUXOR - The Avenue of the Sphinxes, or Sacred Way, once connected the two miles from Karnak to Luxor Temple"


"FAÇADE - The temple, located on the east bank of the River Nile, was founded in 1400 B.C. Known as "the southern sanctuary", the temple was dedicated to the Theban Triad of Amun, Mut. The missing obelisk on the right hand side of the entrance can now be seen at Place de La Concorde, Paris"


"ENTRANCE COLONADE - With the giant statues of Ramesses II"


"THE FIRST PATIO - Ramesses II, Ramesses II and some few others... The Pharaoh wears the double crown of High and Low Egypt"


"HYPOSTYLE ROOM AND COLONNADE"


"AMENHOTEP III COURT"


"TEMPLE, CHAPEL, MOSQUE"


"RELIEFS - Including the ithyphallic Amun"


"FIRST PYLON AND OBELISK as seen from the ship"


"VIEWS OVER THE TEMPLE"


"TEMPLE AT NIGHT"


"AT NIGHT, FROM THE RIVER SIDE"

0 Response to "LUXOR"

Postar um comentário

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...